Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My Little Soapbox

Flu shot season is speeding towards us quickly, and I wanted to just give out a little PSA...

You have a choice to have a shot, which is a dead virus, or the FluMist, which is a weakened live virus.  If you have contact with someone who has a weakened immune system, please consider getting the shot over the virus.  While the chance is low that you can transmit the live virus from the FluMist, it is possible.  I honestly don't care how low the chance is, the flu can be deadly to people who don't have healthy immune systems and any chance is too much when it comes to people I care about.  Shot suck, trust me, I hate them with a passion and I know how hard it is to inflict them on children, but at least think about it.  Not everyone with immune deficiencies look sickly. 

Here is a link to the CDC information on the immunization:

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/nasalspray.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...