Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Oh, it's ON now...

This Stained Glass Window afghan is going to be the death of me.

I know I've told the story, but short synopsis... it's a big thank you gift for my boss.  I've been up, down, and all around about this gift.  At first it was definitely this afghan.  Then I had trouble finding the colors for it, because I wanted to do it just like the pattern.  Then I tried different colors and hated it.  Then I said, forget the afghan, I'll sew some stuff.  Then my sewing machine started growling at me.  So, today, my inner Tim Gunn said "make it work, Jennifer."  I trotted my happy self down to Hobby Lobby to find the best match for my next color of yarn. 

Let's go.

I get myself all settled on the couch with my 12 already started squares (which are actually circles at the moment), ready to continue on....just to find that the color I just bought is the same freaking color I already used.

the color of frustration
The color of FRUSTRATION.

I really was this close to throwing everything in the garbage.

But the second color, which is supposed to be a tad darker than the third color, is so close and so almost hidden anyway that I decided I'd just use the same color for both the second and third colors. Yeah, that's confusing to me, too.  It's getting late and I'm frazzled. But anyway, it's not like my boss is going to be comparing the afghan to the pattern and say "Now, Jennifer, you were supposed to use a dark teal-ish color here and a turquoise color after.  This just won't do.  Gratitude not accepted."

Now it's just a matter of pride.  I'm whipping the dog mess out of this afghan.  Prepare yourself, Stained Glass Window... I'm about to own you.

And you have no idea how difficult it was to write this post without swearing.  I have such a potty mouth when I'm frustrated.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I think I'm using that same exact color for my Grannies!!! By the way, thanks for all your comments on my Granny square challenge! :) You make me smile!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...